How can you be the best parent?
- There are many ways to be the best parent:
- You need to be in tune with yourself, and
- know who you are.
- When you know yourself enough,
- you will be much better to take care of another person, and be attuned to the wants and needs of your children.
- You need to love yourself -
- i.e., self-love (not selfish).
- When you can love yourself without beating up on yourself,
- you will be able to love another person just like you would love yourself.
- You should know how to self-parent your own self -
- i.e., being able to take care of yourself and discipline yourself to do what you believe is caring.
- When you can parent your own self,
- you will be able to parent another person with the same tender loving care.
- You should be able to give yourself permission
- to do things that you deserve.
- When you can allow yourself to do what your heart desire,
- then you will be able to provide the best to your children.
- You should be able to let yourself feel
- your greatest joy and deepest pain.
- When you can feel your emotions freely,
- you will be able to sense the greatest emotional needs of your special kids.
How can you reach the place in your heart to do all these things?
- You have to know your self.
- If you don't know your self,
- you cannot give to yourself or love yourself fully,
- let alone love your children wholeheartedly.
- You have to know your own wants and needs.
- If you don't know your wants and needs,
- you will be competing with your kids in the wants and needs department.
- That usually creates conflicts between you and your kids, and neither one of you will end up being happy or satisfied.
How can you know your self better?
- You can know your true self better
- by identifying your true nature - your own personality.
- Then you will be in tune with yourself.
- If you don't know who you are,
- you will always be searching for yourself.
- You will end up living the life of your kid in the process.
- When you live your life through your kids,
- you will be end up running the life of your kid, and
- inevitably become a control freak in the process.
How can you identify your true self?
- First, you need to identify your true nature -
- i.e., the personality you are born with.
- We all are born with a set of character traits that we feel comfortable with, and identify wth.
- They are in-born characteristics like handedness that are natural to each of us individually.
- Although these in-born traits can be altered in later life,
- you won't ever feel comfortable being switched into someone who you are not (like switching the handedness).
- When we switch our personality traits because of how we are raised up to fit in,
- we often find ourselves that there is something missing in our lives until we found our true selves that we were born with originally.
- Once you found your authentic self,
- then it's like a heavy burden lifted off of your shoulder.
- When that happen,
- you will be able to parent your kid like what you wish you had been parented with all the tender loving care that you deserve.
In the meantime, you can
take the patented personality now to find out your true nature.
CORE, CORE MAP, CORE PEP are trademarks of Peak Potentials, Inc. Patent No. 6,159,015
Licensed by Peak Potentials, Inc. as certified facilitator and use of CORE products.
Copyright © 2006 The Personal Best. All Rights Reserved.