How can you create that special parental bond with your kid?
- By being your true person -
- to love and care about yourself
- as you would love and care about your kid.
- When you pay that special attention to your kid
- as you would take that same special attention tending to your own needs,
- you will create that special bond with your kid (and yourself).
- Understand that your kid is a special extension of you that you can share,
- but he/she is an independent individual (rather than a part of you), and
- the bond is the "glue" that hold you together.
- The bond is the synchronicity created by
- sharing the common traits you have, and
- yet accepting the differences as unique individuals.
- The bond is created by
- being in tune with yourself while at the same time
- being in tune with your kid mentally, physically and emotionally.
How can you maintain that special parental bond with your kid?
- By being consistent with your own self -
- to love openheartdely without withholding or demanding,
- while setting limits with behaviors (rather than setting limits with love).
- Understand the difference between love and behavior:
- Love is an emotion, while
- behavior is an act.
- Withholding love is dysfunctional,
- while setting limits with behavior is functional (healthy relating).
- Love yourself first, and tend to your needs first:
- When you don't tend to your own needs, you can't pay that extra attention to your kid (or anybody for that matter).
- When your wants and needs are not fulfilled, that's where conflicts are created - who's needs are going to be get met?
- Once you have your wants and needs met, you will have plenty to give to your kid.
- Why self-love won't lead to selfishness?
- Because selfishness is a behavior to hoard things when you don't have enough.
- When you have plenty, or more than enough, most people won't hoard things around.
- That's why when you can love yourself, you will have plenty to love another person, including your kid.
How can you identify that special parental bond with your kid?
- Understand the true nature of yourself and your kid:
- When you know the similarities and differences between your personality-types,
- you will easily identify what is that special, unique bond that holds you together.
- The first step is to identify your own true type -
- the personality you are born with that is true to your nature.
- Once you identify your own true nature, you will be able to identify the uniqueness between you and your kid.
- Then the bond is automatically created when you accept the differences between you, and
- welcome the specialness and uniqueness of you two.
In the meantime, you can
take the patented personality now to find out your true nature.
CORE, CORE MAP, CORE PEP are trademarks of Peak Potentials, Inc. Patent No. 6,159,015
Licensed by Peak Potentials, Inc. as certified facilitator and use of CORE products.
Copyright © 2006 The Personal Best. All Rights Reserved.