First Step to be a good parent is:
- to know your wants and needs, and personality-type
- so that you can identify your own natural wants and needs
- in order to not be in conflict with the wants and needs of your kids, or
- in personality conflict with your kids, and
- to identify your coping patterns under stress
- so that you know how to handle stress without taking it out on your kids.
To Do So:
CORE Multidimensional Awareness Profile (CORE MAP):
- Part 1 of CORE MAP:
- measures how you perceive your CORE self.
- identifies if your self-perception corresponds to your true self;
- identifies your natural needs based on your personality.
- Part 2 of CORE MAP:
- measures your attitudes toward the external world and how you function in this world.
- identifies if your preferred way of interacting with the world corresponds to your true nature;
- identifies your natural wants based on your personality.
- Part 3 of CORE MAP:
- measures your personality developmental level and your coping skills under stress.
- identifies if you have fully developed your authentic self;
- identifies your wants and needs from your loved one.
- CORE MAP is a multidimensional personality profile:
- because it not only measures the personality you are currently functioning
- but also the personality your are born with, your personality preference and the perception of your own self.
- It identifies your nature and your nurture.
- It identifies your authentic self - your true nature.
- It identifies how your current personality is influenced by your upbringing.
- It identifies your personality preferences.
- It identifies your natural wants and needs preference in life.
- (CORE MAP profile includes the complementary CORE PEP profile.)
Comparison between CORE and other personality profiles
CORE DISC MBTI Wilson
Measures current behaviorial patterns
X X X X
Adds to self-understanding
X X X X
Identifies positive and negative behaviors
X X X X Identifies preferred attitudes and functions X X Reveals coping skills under stress X X
Measures degree of functioning in positive and negative modes
Identifies range of positive, negative & midzone behaviors
X Identifies coping patterns and development levels for all possible traits X Indicates if current functioning is contrary to nature X Reveals negative conditioning if it exists X
Personality-type is easy to remember and immediately identify with self
X Difficult to skew (has built-in self-checking capability for inconsistencies) X
- Multidimensional - Compares
- self-perception (looking inward)
- natural tendencies of interactions in the world (looking outward)
- current functioning (sanpshot of yourself)
- reactionary styles, coping patterns, tolerance levels and personal effectiveness for a more complete picture
X Facilitated and interpreted by certified professionals trained to discover incongruence and guide clients to true self-awareness X
CORE, CORE MAP, CORE PEP are trademarks of Peak Potentials, Inc. Patent No. 6,159,015
Licensed by Peak Potentials, Inc. as certified facilitator and use of CORE products.
Copyright © 2006 The Personal Best. All Rights Reserved.