How can you enjoy being a parent?
- Love your kids for who they are -
- instead of converting them to someone you want them to be, or
- change them into someone who they are not;
- allow them to be who they really are.
- When you accept your kids for who they are, as an independent person,
- then you will truly be a parent, and
- they will love you for it.
- When you learn from your own kids,
- you will be able to be the best parent
- because that's how you can pay attention to their wants and needs
- instead of projecting what you want from them
- When you can share and bond with your kids,
- you will be able to be the greatest parent
- because it is what you share that matters in the heart.
How can you enjoy the fruition of parenthood?
- Even when all your kids are grown up,
- when you have love and share with your kids the way you love yourself,
- they will appreciate you the most, and be the greatest parents themselves.
- True parenthood is the state of being able to see the wonderful results of your caring and nurturance that you provided for your kids
- rather than turning them into a product of your own creation
- because such a creation would be a denial of their own identity and individuality or their true selves.
- True parenthood is based on the philosophy that
- the next generation will be better off than you are rather than worse off,
- so you won't dump your garbage on them even if you are unhappy with your own self.
- True parenthood is accepting the fact that
- the next generation will be replacing the old one (as a fact of life), and
- parenting is the ability to find a replacement for yourself, for the better - that's what future generation is.
- True parenthood is the ability to see parenting as a journey
- rather than a destination.
- Then, you will be able to enjoy every step along the way!
In the meantime, you can
take a personal to empower yourself to be a better parent
and get some feedback of how to enjoy being the best parent.
Copyright © 2006 The Personal Best. All Rights Reserved.